DEVETEX is a powerful, vertically integrated producer of high quality linings, fashion fabrics for ladies wear, menswear and corporate fashion.
Another product segment is dedicated to a diversified range of sophisticated technical products., including finished ready made products on the basis of our fabrics
We are a reliable, owner-managed family business, which since many years is a part of the spanish Sedatex
Our infrastructure includes a vast network of international Yarn, Fabric and Chemicals Supplier, a warping facility, a weaving mill two specialized dyeing, printing and finishing companies, a design center, a logistic center and a showroom in Krefeld.
Today, our customer base consists of 750 customers in more than 40 countries.
We appreciate your interest and are looking forward to hearing from you !
Through the merger of the lining fabric divisions of Verseidag AG (Vereinigte Seidenweberei AG), founded in Krefeld in 1886, and C.A. Delius & Söhne GmbH & Co. KG, located in Bielefeld since 1722, DEVETEX Delius Verseidag Textil GmbH & Co. KG is established.
Devetex integrates the competitor Conze & Colsman GmbH & Co. KG via an acquisition.
Devetex integrates the competitor Rheinische Textilfabriken AG (“Frowein”) via an acquisition.
Devetex supplements the product portfolio with the segment of technical textiles. The first products are "Acetate Silk" for the label industry and multifilament fabrics for clean room clothing.
Today's managing partner, René Frank, joins Devetex as an employed commercial director. At this point in time, many of our current employees can already look back on many years of work at Devetex. We are proud of this employee loyalty and the valuable wealth of experience associated with it!
Start of cooperation with the Spanish Sedatex Group. Devetex integrates the first Sedatex products into the Devetex product portfolio.
In February 2010 DEVETEX GmbH was created in its current form as the result of a comprehensive modernization process. Shareholders are now the Spanish Sedatex S.A. and René Frank as managing director with sole power of representation. Based on the investment of Sedatex S.A., an owner-managed traditional family business, that can look back on 125 years of company history, Devetex gains access to the infrastructure of one of the largest and most efficient European textile manufacturers.
Devetex supplements the product portfolio with the fashion fabrics segment and manages the sales of the Sedatex collection in all german-speaking countries and for selected international customers.
Devetex opens a showroom at the Krefeld site. The current fashion fabric and lining fabric collections can be viewed there in a pleasant atmosphere. Sample coupons and small quantities can be supplied on the same day.
By investing in a commercial property on Weyerhofstraße / Kleinewefersstraße in Krefeld, Devetex is setting a further course for the future. The property, which DEVETEX has been using as a tenant since the beginning of 2010, offers around 6,000 square meters of storage space and around 2,000 square meters of office space. About 60% of the area is currently used for the company's own business operations. The remaining 40% of the space generates rental income and will thus represent a further component of corporate financing in the future.
Devetex starts with the first, permanent NOS ("never out of stock) programs for linings. This capital-intensive initiative is very well received by all customers. The permanent availability of goods drastically shortens planning and delivery times and avoids overhangs.
Devetex supplements the product portfolio with the "ready-made" segment. Encouraged by increased demand from customers outside the clothing industry, Devetex starts selling ready-made products for medical and industrial applications. The extensive network and the connections to sewing factories in Eastern Europe is the basis for this demanding vertical integration.
Devetex is bridging the time of the hard lockdown in connection with the corona pandemic by developing and selling fabric masks made of multifilament cleanroom fabric, which are particularly comfortable to wear. In the months when professional masks could not be obtained anywhere, the THW, the police and many well-known industrial companies were among the customers. Valuable connections and friendships are formed during this extraordinary time, which is characterized by solidarity and improvisation.